Monday, August 24, 2009

The Gospel in Action

It still surprises me when I see the Gospel in action! As disciples and followers of Christ it is our job to set the very words of Jesus in motion. It’s God’s desire that we act out the words he took the time to inspire. Yesterday I went to hang out with and get to know a guy who I feel God is setting apart to be a world changer. Aside from that something else caught my eye. The life of a twenty something is usually one busy day after the next, with work, church and social commitments begging all of their waking attention. So when I see them spending their time doing what God called us to do, it reminds me why I do what I do. It is a renewal for me; it inspires me to be more Christ-like myself. I love when the people I influence, influence me.

I left this post intentionally vague for a reason. The point is Jesus works in small doses, when we act on the behalf of another out of love we act on Jesus. The kingdom of Heaven is expanded in inches and when we share our time with those around us, our light can’t help but shine. We may not be able to heal physical sickness with a touch, but we can mend brokenness with our time. Make a difference in someone’s life today with your time.

No comments: